TEN UNIVERSAL VALUES
During my travels in Alaska, I came across the “Ten Universal Values” that some indigenous Alaskans live by.
1. SHOW RESPECT TO OTHERS – Each Person Has a Special Gift
2. SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE – Giving Makes You Richer
3. KNOW WHO YOU ARE – You Are a Reflection on Your Family
4. ACCEPT WHAT LIFE BRINGS – You Cannot Control Many Things
5. HAVE PATIENCE – Some Things Cannot be Rushed
6. LIVE CAREFULLY – What You Do Will Come Back to You
7. TAKE CARE OF OTHERS – You Cannot Live Without Them
8. HONOR YOUR ELDERS – They Show You the Way in Life
9. PRAY FOR GUIDANCE – Many Things Are Not Known
10. SEE CONNECTIONS – All Things Are Related
Many people want to put themselves above others, however, just like each of us, everyone has a special gift which we can learn from and benefit from.
Sharing with others makes you feel better and helps to enrich our lives.
Always show that you reflect the values of your family by respecting your heritage and that of others.
Many things in life are out of your control. Accept this to learn and enjoy life more.
Sometimes stopping to enjoy what’s around you gives you more appreciation for our world and for others.
Treat others as you want to be treated. Others will love and respect you more.
We all need friends to help us through life. Care for others!
We can learn so much from our elders. They have had many experiences and can help guide us towards the positive and teach us about the negative so that we can avoid the disappointments and discomfort.
There are so many unknown phenomena that we do not understand or are even aware of. Praying for guidance may not provide answers, but may provide the faith to accept the unknown.
Connect with all of nature including plants, weather, animals and all people. We are connected with nature and related to all others by the fact that we are all human. Accept we are related and you will respect others and yourself more.
I enjoy traveling, not to relax on a beach, but to learn about different cultures. I’ve learned that although we may have different customs and beliefs, we all have the same fundamentals including the need for friendship and love, the ability to look for the best in others, and the strength to forgive others.
We are “ON OUR QUEST TO BE OUR BEST”
23 NEW STREET, METUCHEN NJ, 08840